Class 8 - Introduction to QCAD
This class is an introductory class for QCAD, a computer aided drafting program that we highly recommend. It is an affordable option for anyone interested in creating their own patterns. QCAD has a very intuitive user interface and is simple to learn. It is not a sewing pattern program, which makes it even better! You can use it for all kinds of other purposes, such as room layouts and conceptualizing ideas.
We'll go over the user interface and show you the tools you'll want to use for pattern drafting. The project for this class is a custom contour pillow designed with your measurements! We'll draft the pillow in QCAD and walk you through the complete process. We've even included the QCAD file made during the video, so you have a reference, if you need it.
NOTE: This is a CAD course only, hand drafting instructions are not provided.
- Total Duration
- 1 hr 42 min 6 sec
- computer aided drafting, draft sewing patterns, qcad software, contour pillow, sewing class
- Introduction to QCAD1 min 36 secAn introduction to the QCAD computer aided drafting class.
- Part 1 - QCAD Interface36 min 5 secA walk through of the QCAD interface and the various options.
- Part 2 - Pillow Drafting56 min 7 secHands on drafting of a custom contour pillow using QCAD.
- Simple Pillows3 min 30 secThis is a short video that contains ideas and drafting for very simple pillows.
- Contour Pillow Draft DXF FileThis is the QCAD file for the pillow drafted in the lesson. You can compare it to your version.
- Contour Pillow Construction4 min 48 secVideo showing the construction techniques for the contour pillow.
- Introduction to QCAD QuizA quiz on the Introduction to QCAD class.